Insurance law is a broad area that deals with issues such as damage to or loss of property, denial of benefits, injury claims, and damage caused by fire and vandalism. While most people or companies have insurance, they are not certain what their insurance policy covers; and, more importantly, what their rights are if they suffer a loss or damage. Insurance companies are typically aggressive in defending claims, and dealing with a difficult insurance adjuster can often be as stressful as dealing with the loss itself.
Our lawyers are experienced in providing advice on insurance policies and negotiating with insurance adjusters. In keeping with the desire of clients to minimize legal expenses, Bisceglia & Associates offers imaginative, creative, and practical advice aimed at achieving an early and satisfactory resolution to the dispute.
Where the matter cannot be resolved, our lawyers are experienced and prepared to litigate vigorously on your behalf to ensure that you recover your losses in a timely and cost-effective manner. In keeping with our desire to provide cost-effective results to our clients, Bisceglia & Associates, in most cases, will not bill for their fees until the matter has been settled or determined at trial.
Our areas of insurance litigation include:
- Property Damage or Loss: If you have suffered damage to or loss of your property as a result of flood, fire or other causes, our lawyers can provide advice on your rights under your policy and represent you in negotiations with the insurance company. Failing settlement, we are prepared to litigate vigorously on your behalf.
- Commercial Insurance Claims: Commercial general liability insurance claims involve claims with respect to your business in the event that you are sued. It is often used to cover claims against your business for injury or property damage.
- Business Interruption Claims: Business interruption insurance claims involve claims that a person or company can make if there is a loss or damage suffered to their business. For example, if a fire damaged your building and all your inventory was destroyed, this insurance would cover your loss of earnings until the building was restored and you were back in business.
- Environmental Claims: If you have a claim arising out of an environmental issue, our lawyers are experienced to provide you advice on your rights and your options.
- Disability Claim Disputes: We have successfully represented clients who have been denied their long term disability benefits under a group policy or a private policy. These policies may be difficult to understand and getting the advice you need quickly is important.
Your initial consultation with our lawyers is absolutely free, with no continuing obligation on your part.
When people suffer loss, this can result in enormous financial stress. That is why we offer to our clients a contingency fee arrangement in cases involving insurance. A contingency fee involves payment of legal fees based on a percentage of recovery. The percentage and particulars that applies to your case depends on the type of case. This information will be explained to you from the beginning before you decide to retain us and will form part of our retainer agreement with you. Under this arrangement, the client is not required to pay any legal fees unless the case is successful. For some cases, the client would be asked to pay at least part of the disbursements. If the client does not recover any monies from the lawsuit, there will be no legal fees. In short, you will not pay any legal fees until your case is settled.