Bisceglia & Associates Professional Corporation represents clients in difficult and complex commercial disputes of every kind. We are counsel on cases in corporate, commercial, construction, debt and mortgage enforcement, product liability claims, insolvency, real estate, mortgage, shareholder disputes and banking, to name just some of our practice areas.
We pride ourselves in providing excellent advocacy, practical results and professionalism. Our firm’s approach to dispute resolution focuses on understanding a client’s business and goals, and providing effective yet cost-effective advice and representation. We explore all alternatives to litigation but do not hesitate to litigate vigorously.
Our areas of litigation include the following:
- Creditors’ rights and claims to enforce real and personal property securities, including mortgages, guarantees, pledges and general security agreements
- Corporate, shareholder and partnership disputes, including proceedings for oppression claims, shareholder remedies, winding-up, and derivative actions
- Commercial disputes, including claims for breach of contract, damages, injunctions, breach of fiduciary duties, specific performance, and injunctions
- Construction law proceedings
- Product liability claims involving a variety of products
- Real property disputes, including actions with respect to failed real estate transactions, nuisance, surveys and boundaries, condominium disputes, and mortgage remedies
- Professional negligence claims involving solicitors, accountants, engineers, architects, health care professionals, contractors, and others
- Employment contracts and wrongful dismissal claims
- Bankruptcy and insolvency, receiverships, fraudulent conveyances, corporate rearrangements, and settlements
- Ontario Alcohol and Gaming Commission matters involving license suspensions, Notice of Proposals and various applications
- Landlord and tenant disputes and lease remedies such as lease breaches, termination of leases, forfeiture, possession, distress, and claims for damages
- Insurance claims, including property damage, personal injury, personal liability of directors and officers and environmental claims
- Estate litigation, challenging wills, and dependants relief applications